The Orchid is one of the most popular apartment plants in the world. She gained her popularity due to her beauty. But as beautiful as it is, as dangerous the plant can be.
The orchid should not be grown by the people that are weak or undead. These people are in danger around them, because they absorb even the last positive energy. For this reason, these people tend to become pessimistic and, in severe cases, they may suffer from depression.
Did you know: 7 amazing facts about the Orchid
1. There are over 20,000 species of Orchids world wide (four times more than mammals)
2. Some species can live up to 100 years (Yes! They live more than a human being).
3. Even though they are tropical plants, they can easily adapt to any climate and they can be found even at the North Pole.
4. Most of the Orchids species are scented, and there perfumes are very diverse. These range from very disgusting perfumes (The Bulbophyllum Orchid), to very sweet and delicious ones as vanilla flavors.
5. Each orchid flower is bilateral symmetric, which means that it can be divided in two equal parts.
6. The flower of an Orchid can survive a very long time, from few hours to 6 months, depending on the species.
7. There are some species that look a lot like animals: monkeys, owls, bees, ducks and more. Amazing, but so true! Just have a look at this picture below:
Which of those above is your favorite flower?
You can also read: 5 beautiful plants for shade gardens